Here’s how to add a New Email Address to iMessage on your iPhone and then set your New Email Address as the default Email Address for sending and receiving messages to your iPhone.
Add New Email Address to iMessage On iPhone
The majority of users setup iMessage with Apple ID, which automatically sets the Apple ID Email Address as the default Email Address for sending and receiving messages on iPhone.
It is however possible to Add an additional Email Address to your iPhone and make it your preferred reachable Address on iPhone in lieu of the Email Address that is linked to your Apple ID.
In this way, you’ll be able to ensure that your Phone Number and primary iCloud email address from being exposed to anyone who are not your family members and acquaintances.
Another reason to add several Email Addresses to your iPhone is to keep your personal messages from the work-related messages.
Add New Email Address to iMessage on iPhone
The steps are below to add an email address to iMessage on your iPhone as well as iPad.
1. Open Settings and tap on your Apple ID.
2. On the Apple ID screen, tap Name and Phone Numbers. Email.
3. On the next screen, click on Edit.
4. Next, tap on the Add Email or Telephone Number that pops up.
5. On the pop-up screen, tap Add Email Address in order to verify.
6. On the next screen, enter your new email address, then tap on Next.
7. For security reasons, Apple will send a Verification Code to your email Account.
8. Get the Verification Code from your email account and verify your email account with your Six Digit Verification Code.
9. Once your Email is verified, head to Settings > Messages > and Receive.
10. On the next screen, you’ll be able to see the new email Address that you added under the “You Can Be Reached By iMessage At” section.
Tap on the New Email in case you wish to make use of this New Email for sending and receiving iMessages from your iPhone.