Below, you will find the steps needed to Restore Missing Downloads Folder on Mac If you accidentally deleted it, or it is missing from your Mac. Downloads Folder is missing from the Dock on your Mac due to a different reason.
Restore Missing Downloads Folder on Mac
By default by default, the Downloads Folder is available within the Dock on your Mac. Sometimes, however, the Downloads Folder may be lost or deleted accidentally, or disappear in the dock on your Mac due to another reason.
You’ll agree that being able to have the Downloads Folder accessible within the Dock on Mac makes it very easy to access files as well as songs, photos and videos that you download from the internet.
Therefore, we have provided below the steps needed to Restore Missing Downloads Folder on Mac.
Steps to Restore Missing Downloads Folder on Mac
Follow the steps listed below for how to Restore Missing Downloads Folders on Mac If you accidentally or deliberately deleted this helpful Folder off in the Dock to your Mac.
1. Click on the Finder icon that is located in the upper left right Dock of your Mac.
2. Once the Finder Window is opened Click on the Go button in the upper list bar on the Mac and then click the Home option in the drop-down menu.
3. In the Home Directory Find the Downloads Folder, then drag it onto your Dock in your Mac.
Do not let go of the Downloads Folder. Continue moving it to the right side of the Dock and drop it on the left side on the Trash Can icon, located in the right-hand area of your Dock within your Mac (See the image below)
This will restore it back to the Downloads Folder back to its default place within the Dock which makes it simple for you to open downloaded content from your Mac.
Remove Downloads Folder From the Dock on Mac
If you don’t enjoy the idea of having a Downloads folders in the Dockarea, then you are able to easily delete this directory from your Dock.
1. Right-click on the Downloads Folder located in the dock and it will open the menu of options.
2. Once the options menu is displayed, hover the mouse cursor over options, and then click Remove from the Dock Option within the context menu. (See the image below)
The Downloads Folder will be deleted from your Dock and put in the Home Directory of your user account on Mac.