Apple has made available Siri to third-party developers with the iOS 10. update, and WhatsApp has been one of the initial Apps to profit from this possibility, allowing iPhone customers to make WhatsApp messages and place WhatsApp calls with Siri.
To use Siri when using WhatsApp You will need to be running iOS 10 running on your iPhone and then download the latest version of WhatsApp on your iPhone (2.16.10 or later).
Send WhatsApp messages using Siri
In order to have Siri work using WhatsApp You will first have to grant Siri the ability to access Your WhatsApp Account by following the steps below.
1. From the Home screen of your iPhone Tap on Settings.
2. On the Settings screen, scroll down , and click on Siri.
3. On the next screen, scroll to the bottom, and then tap App Support.
4. On the App Support screen, slide the slider to turn on WhatsApp to the ON position (See the image below).
After you have enabled Siri by logging into your WhatsApp account and follow the steps to send an WhatsApp Message with Siri.
1. First, bring up Siri on your iPhone by pressing long on the home button.
2. Next, ask Siri to send you a WhatsApp message. You can reply with “Send WhatsApp Message to [Contact Name” or “Siri message [Contact’s name] to WhatsApp”.
3. Siri will ask you “What would you like to tell Siri?” (See image above).
4. Speak your desired message to Siri and then look at the Preview of your WhatsApp message that Siri displays for you to review (See the image below).
5. If the message appears to be good You can request Siri for the Message to be sent message through the command “Send” and tap the Message to make corrections (See the above image).
6. Next, Siri will send you a confirmation message that it’s going to send you a WhatsApp Message.
Your WhatsApp message will be sent to your Contactin just as it would be sent if you type manually a message.
Make WhatsApp calls using Siri
In order to take advantage of Siri to make WhatsApp calls, you’ll first have to enable WhatsApp by allowing access to your Microphone in your iPhone by following the steps below.
1. From the Home Screen of your iPhone Tap on Settings.
2. On the Settings Screen, click on WhatsApp.
3. On the next screen, you can enable WhatsApp using Microphone by moving the slider to turn the Microphone to the ON position (See the image below).
After you have allowed WhatsApp to connect to Siri Microphone within your iPhone and follow the steps below to make the WhatsApp call with Siri.
1. Bring up Siri on your iPhone by pressing the home button.
2. Next, ask Siri to make an WhatsApp call by telling Siri “Call [Contact Name[Contact Name] on WhatsApp”
3. Siri will immediately begin dialling the number you have set for WhatsApp Contact (See below for an example).
Siri isn’t able to send WhatsApp Messages
At present, there appears be a glitch that stops Siri from working when using WhatsApp. This is apparently only the case when you upgrade to the latest version of WhatsApp before updating the version of your iPhone to iOS 10.
If that’s the case, you’ll see Siri telling you ” Sorry, you’ll be required to continue using the app” at any time you attempt to send an WhatsApp message. If you do open WhatsApp, Siri will be not able to send the message.
Fortunately, the solution to this problem isn’t complicated. All you have to do is delete WhatsApp off your iPhone and then install it in The App Store.
It is suggested that you take a backup copy of your WhatsApp images and messages to iCloud prior to deletion of WhatsApp off your iPhone.