Here’s how you can prevent others from controlling your Chromecast device by turning off the “Let others control your Cast Media” option on Google’s home App.
Stop others from controlling your Chromecast Device
You may have seen that Google’s Home App App provides a Cast Notification for all Android gadgets in the home attached to the exact WiFi Network.
This means that each time you record a Video or Film, everyone in your home will receive an email notification via the Android Phone or Tablet.
It allows all your household members to pause, mute and stop your casting through the Cast Notification on any other device that are connected to the WiFi Network.
Additionally, receiving Chromecast Notifications, regardless of whether or you really need it, can be irritating and distracting in certain circumstances.
Fortunately, you can solve this issue either by deactivating Cast Notifications for all other devices or by turning off Cast Notifications for specific devices that you don’t wish to receive these notifications.
1. Keep others from controlling your Chromecast Device
Follow these steps to prevent others from gaining control over you and your Chromecast device.
1. Open Google’s Home App on your Android Phone or Tablet
2. Tap on your Chromecast device.
3. On the next screen, click on the Chromecast Settings, which is located in the top right corner of the screen.
4. On Device Settings screen, scroll down to disable the Control others’ casting media option.
This will keep others from taking control of your Chromecast device through other Android devices that are connected to your home WiFi network.
2. Disable Chromecast Notifications on Individual Devices
If you don’t want to block the rest of your devices in your home from being able to control Chromecast You can turn off Chromecast notifications for specific devices and stop certain devices from controlling Chromecast.
1. Open Settings on your Android Phone or Tablet
2. On the Settings screen, scroll down , and click on Google under the “Personal” section.
3. On the Google screen, click on the Cast Media Controls.
4. On the next screen, you can disable Media Controls for Cast Devices by switching the toggle to the off.
Any time you may turn on Media Controls for Cast Devices by moving the toggle switch to the ON.
By following the steps above You can deactivate Chromecast Notifications on specific Android devices and stop them from being able to control the operation of your Chromecast device.