Here’s how to wipe data from iPhone with a broken Screen through iTunes or iCloud on the Mac as well as a Windows computer.
Wipe Data From iPhone With Broken Screen
As long as Apple develops self-healing iPhone the only option for an iPhone with a broken screen is replacing the damaged screen.
If you have an Apple Careplus Plus, Apple will replace your damaged iPhone with a brand new model. If you don’t have the Apple Care plan, you are required to bring the damaged iPhone into a repair facility.
In both instances you’ll find the need to erase data from your iPhone prior to selling it to Apple or dismantling your phone in Repair Center. Repair Center.
Below are the steps for wiping data from an iPhone with a Broken Screen after creating an archive of your data on your device.
1. Back Up iPhone to Computer
Before wiping out the data from your iPhone You may wish to backup your iPhone to a Mac or PC, following the instructions in these tutorials:
- How to Backup iPhone to Mac Using Finder
- How to Backup iPhone to Windows Computer
After you have created a backup of your iPhone then you can wipe the data from your iPhone by using one of the methods below.
2. Wipe Data From iPhone Using iCloud
If the Find iPhone services are turned on for your device, comply with the instructions below to wipe all data from your iPhone with the iCloud.
1. Using your computer go to icloud.com and log in into Your iCloud Account.
2. Once you are connected to iCloud Click on Find iPhone.
3. Next, click on the All Devices option at the top of the screen and then click on your device from the drop-down menu.
4. Once your device is chosen, select your Erase iPhone selection.
5. On the confirmation pop-up, click erase to confirm.
2. Wipe Data From iPhone Using iTunes
The steps are below to wipe data from your iPhone with a damaged Screen with iTunes.
1. Connect iPhone to Windows computer with its USB Cable.
2. Start iTunes on your computer , and then click the Phone Icon, whenever it is displayed in iTunes
3. Next, click on the Summary tab in the left-hand panel. In the right-hand-pane select the Restore iPhone… option.
NOTE: You need to switch off Search My iPhone to use iTunes to restore your iPhone.
4. On the confirmation pop-up, select”Restore” button in order to signify.
When you click Restore, iTunes will begin the process of completely wiping all Data on your iPhone.
When the data is gone and the iPhone is clean, you are safe to give your iPhone to repair.
When it is the time that your iPhone has been repaired or replaced, you will be able to restore all your data in your new or repaired iPhone through Restoring the iPhone from backup.
4. Wipe Data From iPhone Using Recovery Mode
In the event that your cracked iPhone has stopped responding completely and unresponsive, you will be able erase its data using it’s Recovery Mode.