If you’re unaware, it is possible to automatically delete unneeded apps on your iPhone and clear up space within your iPhone.
Offload Unused Apps on iPhone
Offload Unused Apps feature, as it was added with iOS 11 allows you to delete Unused Apps from your iPhone or iPad without losing the app’s Documents and Data.
This will allow you to free up storage space in your phone by eliminating Unused Apps but being able to download new Apps and install the Apps directly from the location you’ve put them.
Based on your preference You can configure your device to automatically delete unneeded apps, or offload them manually to your device.
1. Automatically delete unused apps from the iPhone
If the option of offloading Unused Apps is selected it will delete Unused Apps only if your device has a shortage of storage space.
Additionally, this option will remove only the Apps which you haven’t used for some time using your gadget.
1. Open Settings > scroll down, and then tap iTunes & App Store.
2. On the next screen, scroll to the bottom and select the option to enable offloading unused apps.
This will remove all un-used apps from your iPhone, if your iPhone is running out of storage space.
The offloaded apps will be available in the home Screen in your iPhone with the Cloud Icon next to the Apps.
Any time, you are able to download the Apps by pressing the cloud icon. Once you have downloaded them, you can begin using them immediately.
2. Manually delete unused apps from your iPhone
Follow the steps below to offload unused apps on iPhone and iPad.
1. Go to Settings > General > tap on the iPhone’s Storage.
2. On iPhone Storage screen, you’ll be able to view the amount of storage that is used by different apps installed on your device. You will as well as the date when you the last time you used these apps.
After you have reviewed the Apps After reviewing them, click on the App you wish to remove to your mobile.
3. On the next screen, you can tap on the Offload app option.
4. On the confirmation pop-up, press Offload to verify.
5. Repeat steps above for any other Apps that you’d like to offload from your iPhone
As previously mentioned, offloading an App to an iPhone will reduce the storage space used by the App itself (indicated as App Size).
All App associated data will remain on your device in case of potential reuse in the event you decide to download your App to your phone.